Villa Lina was for 5 centuries
property of the Leali Family who
came in 17th century from Brescia
To help the Farnese family
(who had built the Renaissance wonder:
Palazzo Farnese in Caprarola 8 km away)
with the running of the ironworks
The property was bought in the 20’s
by Ulisse Igliori who commissioned the
great architect De Vico to re-design
the garden in a grand scale
In 1929 the villa was gift to his wife Lina.
Massimo Igliori later married Angela
Lante Montefeltro della Rovere
from the family who in 1504 sold
to the Farnese the lands from Vico lake
to where the Farnese Palace was built!
Their daughter Paola, present curator,
started at 20, taking care of Villa Lina.
Artists and scholars have hanged out here
through the generations: poets Trilussa
and d’Annunzio, painter Donghi
with Ulisse & Lina Igliori in the 30’s.
Art historians Federico Zeri, Briganti
with Massimo Igliori in the 60’s & 70’s
Paola Igliori married artist Sandro Chia
in the 80’s, Mario Merz, Alighiero Boetti,
Enzo Cucchi, Basquiat & Cy Twombly
at home as Giulio Bollati, Harald Szeemann,
Eddy de Wilde, Bella Freud & Nick Cave.
In the last decade with Filippo Chia
Artist Lola Schnabel, Cedric Von Sydow…
In 2008 Paola married
Sufi African Artist Massamba Fall Sy.